You’re publishing great content and have something to say, but try as you might, those traffic numbers just don’t seem to be climbing as much as they should be.
Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic
1. Topic selection
- Google Trends – This will show you a graph of how interest has increased/decreased over time.
- BuzzSumo – This tool will show you which topics are generating the most social shares.
- SEMrush – With this tool you can find out exactly what keywords your competitors are ranking for in Google and get an estimate of how much traffic those keywords can bring in.
3. Get Bloggers/Influencers To Write In Your Blog
- Offer to share content on their own site (but only if you have a large social following).
- A link back to their website from every post they write for you.
- Give them free use of your products or services
Working with influencers is a fantastic way to improve blog readership. A nice bonus is that often these guys write for other big media sites as well, so they may be able to link to something they have written for your blog from a third party site in the future.
5. Guest Post On Other Blogs (And Allow Guest Posts Of Others In Your Blog)
When you’re first starting out, it can be tough to convince other bloggers to allow you to post on their sites OR have an audience large enough to inspire others to want to contribute to your site. This is when friends and professional connections are critical.
When you don’t have a compelling marketing message, leverage your relationships – find the folks who know you, like you and trust you and ask those who have blog to let you take a shot at authoring something, then ask them to return the favor.
Guest blogging is a fantastic way to spread your brand to new folks who’ve never seen your work before, and it can be useful in earning early links and references back to your site, which will drive direct traffic and help your search rankings (diverse, external links are a key part of how search engines rank sites and pages).