What Is Custom Domain?
Custom domains are domains like www.example.com(or .net, .online, .org, .blog etc). In this post I will tell you about the benefits of having custom domain.
A custom domain name, is a domain name you buy from a domain dealer/company online.
Do you want to become a professional blogger? If yes, then you should consider having a custom domain on your blog.
Most bloggers start with the free domains such as www.example.blogspot.com or www.example.wordpress.com because the blogging investment is zero.
According to shoutmeloud, that is a safe way to start, but as someone who is looking forward to creating a career in blogging, that is huge mistake.
Shoutmeloud further emphasized that, those bloggers who use free blogging platform usually don’t like to invest in custom domain. They feel they can always change to a custom domain when they are getting more traffic. But that is so untrue.
DISADVANTAGES OF USING FREE DOMAIN
1. You lose domain authority when you switch to a custom domain, because you might have droven lots of traffic to your blog. When you then think of getting a custom domain, your traffic will go back to zero.
2. You can only use google adsense to monetize your blog (that is if its blogspot). And am sure you know they can be unpredictable. If your account is banned by adsense, you can not reapply which means you will have to try alternatives. Don’t be surprised that some alternatives have stricter rules than adsense.
3. When you later buy a custom domain, you will need to submit a sitemap to all search engine again.
4. You will need to update your blog`s url on all social media.
ADVANTAGES/BENEFITS OF HAVING A CUSTOM DOMAIN
1. You have better exposure in search engines, especially google
2. You increase your chance of getting approval by AdSense
3. Makes you look professional and users will find your blog trustworthy
4. Credibility: Getting a custom domain is a good signal of how seriously you take your business or blogging career
6. If you are business owner, custom domains also help your business get found online more easily.
WHERE TO BUY A CUSTOM DOMAIN AT A CHEAPER RATE
LEAVE COMMENT BELOW👇
5 Proven Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic
You’re publishing great content and have something to say, but try as you might, those traffic numbers just don’t seem to be climbing as much as they should be.
Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic
1. Topic selection
- Google Trends – This will show you a graph of how interest has increased/decreased over time.
- BuzzSumo – This tool will show you which topics are generating the most social shares.
- SEMrush – With this tool you can find out exactly what keywords your competitors are ranking for in Google and get an estimate of how much traffic those keywords can bring in.
3. Get Bloggers/Influencers To Write In Your Blog
- Offer to share content on their own site (but only if you have a large social following).
- A link back to their website from every post they write for you.
- Give them free use of your products or services
Working with influencers is a fantastic way to improve blog readership. A nice bonus is that often these guys write for other big media sites as well, so they may be able to link to something they have written for your blog from a third party site in the future.
5. Guest Post On Other Blogs (And Allow Guest Posts Of Others In Your Blog)
When you’re first starting out, it can be tough to convince other bloggers to allow you to post on their sites OR have an audience large enough to inspire others to want to contribute to your site. This is when friends and professional connections are critical.
When you don’t have a compelling marketing message, leverage your relationships – find the folks who know you, like you and trust you and ask those who have blog to let you take a shot at authoring something, then ask them to return the favor.
Guest blogging is a fantastic way to spread your brand to new folks who’ve never seen your work before, and it can be useful in earning early links and references back to your site, which will drive direct traffic and help your search rankings (diverse, external links are a key part of how search engines rank sites and pages).